Dealing with DWG/DXF files in Eyeshot requires several additional steps compared to other standard CAD file formats. As all professional CAD systems do, Eyeshot relies on Open Design Alliance for this file format translation. You will find all the necessary DLLs inside the Bin folders of the Eyeshot installation.
Basically, the required steps to read/write DWG/DXF files are:
- Prepare a working Eyeshot-based Visual Studio project (or start from one of the source code samples)
- Change the Target Platform of your Visual Studio project to x64*
- Add the Bin\x64\devDept.Eyeshot.Control.x64.Win.dll to your Visual Studio project references
- Use ReadAutodesk class in your code to load the file
On end-user machines, you need to deploy the whole Bin\x64 content and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package is also required. *From Eyeshot v2021, the C++ 2015 Redistributable version is required.
An example of how to read DWG/DXF files can be found in the DraftingDemo source code sample.
* You can also target x86 platform and add Bin\x86\devDept.Eyeshot.Control.x86.Win.dll as a reference. From Eyeshot v2022, x86 binaries are not included in the installer (still available upon request).