We recommend taking a full backup of your project(s), including your existing Eyeshot 2022 DLLs.
To migrate your Eyeshot 2022-based application to Eyeshot 2023, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that your existing Eyeshot 2022 Visual Studio project compiles and run
- Close all Visual Studio instances
- Close any text editor with your source code loaded
- Run the Eyeshot 2023 Project Converter tool
- Try to compile your converted project
- In case of failure:
- Search for the "TODO devDept" text in your entire Visual Studio solution
- Check the Project Converter log file for errors
- Check the Breaking Changes in Eyeshot 2023 article
With Eyeshot 2023 tools, the migration is supported from Eyeshot 2021 too: the described procedure also applies to Eyeshot 2021 projects.
If you get the following error loading the project:
please edit the project file, fill the <HintPath> with the absolute path of the Eyeshot DLLs, and try again.
For example, migrating from Eyeshot 2022 to Eyeshot 2023, change
<HintPath>C:\Program Files\devDept Software\Eyeshot Ultimate 2022\Bin\devDept.Eyeshot.Control.Win.v2022.dll</HintPath>
In case of migration from older versions, you may want to check this article.