Eyeshot 8.0 Beta available for download
devDept Software is pleased to announce that Eyeshot 8.0 is now in beta test.
- Native WPF control, based on DirectX
- DirectX renderer, WinForms control can now work on OpenGL or DirectX
- Autodesk® DWG® 2015 file format support
- Asynchronous file write through WriteFileAsynch class
- LinearPath inflate
- FEM pressure loading
- FEM Beam elements
- FEM mapped meshing
- FEM mesh planar section
- FemDemo, TextOnCurve and DraftAnalysis source code samples
- Zoom fit command now can takes in account labels
- ProjectConverter, a tool that will help migrating your Eyeshot 7.0 based projects to Eyeshot 8.0 (please send us as much feedback as possible on the conversion quality)
- MagnifyingGlass: a property of ViewportLayout that enables a magnifying glass under the mouse cursor.
- Texture mapping on Surface entity
- The number of DLLs grew, now it spans from a minimum of three to a maximum of five
- DWG import/export support doesn’t need manual copy of *.tx files anymore
- If your app uses direct OpenGL calls and you want to try DirectX renderer you need to ask help converting them in the new neutral graphics layer calls
- Some Viewport.ScreenToWorld() overrides were renamed ScreenToPlane()
- The maximum number of concurrent instances of the Eyeshot control in the standard (desktop) license is now limited to 32. A new -unlimited instances- server license will be available with different pricing.
- Renamed event ViewportLayout.ReadWriteProgressChanged to ProgressChanged
- Removed ViewportLayoutEx class to facilitate the dynamic loading of the proper x86 or x64 Eyeshot DLLs
- Replaced ViewportLayout.WriteBinarySTL(), WriteAsciiSTL(), WriteOBJ(), WriteIGES(), WriteSTEP(), WriteAutodesk() methods with WriteSTL, WriteOBJ, WriteIGES, WriteSTEP, WriteAutodesk classes (you can find them inside the new devDept.Eyeshot.Translators namespace). Geometry export can now be performed asynchronously and independently from the Eyeshot control.
- Removed ViewportLayout.Units property, now units can be specified in the WriteXXX() classes constructors.
- BlockReference.Attributes is now a collection of AttributeReference, where AttributeReference is a new entity that can specify all the other properties of the Attribute other than the Value.
- Changing ViewportLayout.LayoutMode property does not resize the ViewportLayout.Viewports collection automatically anymore. Viewports collection needs to be initialized with the correct number of Viewport items in advance.
- ViewportLayout.Legend is now an empty array and must be initialized with the correct number of Legend items when necessary.
- Smaller and faster setup
- Documentation is now online.
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.femPlotType -> FemMesh.plotType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.curvatureType -> Surface.curvatureType
- devDept.Eyeshot.knotVectorStyleType -> devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.knotVectorType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.autodeskBlockExportType -> devDept.Eyeshot.Translators.WriteAutodesk.blockExportType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.autocadVersionType -> devDept.Eyeshot.Translators.WriteAutodesk.versionType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.AutodeskSaveParams -> devDept.Eyeshot.Translators.WriteAutodesk.SaveParams
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.arrowheadType -> Dimension.arrowheadType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.dimElementPositionType -> Dimension.elementPositionType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.meshNatureType -> Mesh.natureType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.meshNormalAveragingType -> Mesh.normalAveragingType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.meshEdgeStyleType -> Mesh.edgeStyleType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.textAlignment -> Text.alignmentType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.multilineTextAlignment -> Text.alignmentType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.brepType -> Solid.brepType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.pointCloudNatureType -> PointCloud.natureType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.pointCloudDrawingStyleType -> PointCloud.drawingStyleType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.Solid.BRepType -> devDept.Eyeshot.Entities.Solid.BRepMode
- devDept.Eyeshot.LayoutType -> viewportLayoutType
- devDept.Eyeshot.ModifiersKeys -> modifiersKeys
- devDept.Eyeshot.MouseButtonsZPR -> mouseButtonsZPR
- devDept.Eyeshot.navigationType -> devDept.Eyeshot.Camera.navigationType
- devDept.Eyeshot.perspectiveFitType -> devDept.Eyeshot.Camera.perspectiveFitType
- devDept.Eyeshot.Kinect.TrackingMode -> devDept.Eyeshot.Kinect.trackingType
- Most of the WinForms samples were converted to version 8 Beta for both C# and VB.NET, WPF samples are currently available only in C#.
- Only the language reference is periodically updated, all the rest is still a work in progress.
Licensing: WinForms, WPF or both?
You will initially receive a WinForms activation code only and will be able to test WPF control as a 30-days trial (we will issue WPF trial extensions if needed till the end of the 2014). You can freely decide to convert your WinForms license in a WPF one without any additional cost. To support both platforms you’ll need to pay the list price difference according to the 2015 price list.
Eyeshot 8 introduces the support for a DirectX11 renderer, required by the new native WPF Eyeshot control. WinForms control has both the OpenGL and DirectX renderers (ViewportLayout.Renderer property), whilst Eyeshot 8 WPF has only the DirectX renderer.
Initially Eyeshot DirectX renderer won't support realistic shadows and environment mapping.
There is also a (limited) support for old graphics cards with DirectX11 9_3 feature level, with the following additional limitations: no planar reflections, no two sided lighting, 4 lights instead of 8, only directional lights are supported (no point or spot lights), no width for Lines and Points.
Remote Desktop compatibility
Due to a limitation of .Net 4.0, the WPF version does not currently work under Remote Desktop Connection.
As always, we welcome your feedback.
Alberto Bencivenni, Development Manager
devDept Software S.a.s.