Eyeshot 2020 Beta 🥂
devDept Software is proud to announce the Eyeshot 2020 Beta program.
- Added ReadGCode class and a new entity called Toolpath
- Added the ability to draw Text entities always front-facing when defined inside a Block
- Added support for functional UI testing (article with instructions coming soon)
- Added the methods GetLength(), GetPerimeter(), GetArea() and GetMass() for all Entity/Face/Edge/Curve with proper linear and mass unit support.
- Added ReadJT class to read tessellation from Siemens JT files (up to version 9.5)
- Added native multitouch implementation in WPF control (Video)
- Added RootBlock paradigm. Eyeshot 2020 includes a default Block that represents the scene root. This means that every single piece of geometry is always inside a Block definition. The Model.Entities collection was moved at block level. In this version, you are always working inside the Block.Entities collection, most of the times, of a block called “RootBlock”.
- Added seamless navigation through assemblies, with endless edit/open command combinations (Video)
- Added progressive Turbo representation during assembly navigation.
- Fixed Zoom/Pan/Rotate/ZoomFit lag on large assemblies when Turbo is enabled, can be controlled using Environment.LastFrameDrawingDelay property (Video)
- ConvexHull based zoom fit: slower first, lightning fast all the others (Video)
- Added the ability to display/highlight collision detection intersection volumes (updated code sample coming soon)
- Added support for displaying angles in the degrees/minutes/seconds format for angular dimensions
- Added support for dimension text with a different color
- Added the ability to load thumbnail image from DWG files
- Added support for multiple origin symbols per Viewport (see Part1 sample code)
- Added support for clipping boundary in the Picture entity
- AssemblyDemo code sample search box (Video)
- Added methods to customize the PDF document (updated code sample coming soon)
- Added support for the reading of the Thickness of AutoCAD curves.
Proprietary file format data integrity is not guaranteed during Beta.
New Code Samples
- ASP.NET MVC
With respect to RootBlock change:
- Block.Entities collection is now of EntityList type
- Environment.Entities is now marked obsolete and it returns the Entities collection of the Environment.OpenBlock or CurrentBlock (if you are not familiar with assembly navigation, you can focus on OpenBlock only)
- BlockKeyedCollection, if assigned to an Environment, must have a root block defined (BlockKeyedCollection.SetRootBlock()).
- The scene bounding box is now updated by the Environment.UpdateBoundingBox(), Block.Entities.UpdateBoundingBox() works only at block level.
- Environment.Units property was moved to Block class
- GetVisualRefinementDeviation() method was moved from EntityList class to Environment one
- Property EntityList.IsOpenCurrentBlockReference was removed
- Camera.RemoveSceneTransformation() method changed signature and behavior
- Assembly navigation is now controlled by Environment class, moved methods and properties from EntityList to Environment are: SetCurrent(), CurrentBlockReference, CurrentTransformation, OpenCurrentBlockReference(), CloseCurrentBlockReference(), SetCurrentStack(), GetStackTransformation(), Parents, SetParentAsCurrent(), SetSelectionAsCurrent()
- Entity.XData has been replaced with Entity.AutodeskProperties.XData
Other general breaking changes:
- Vector3D class now inherits from Vector2D
- Removed the BuildPage virtual method in the WritePDF class
- WPF Native Renderer now uses native touch events
- Removed the includeWires parameter in ReadSTEP class constructor
- Changed the Dimension.TextOverride behavior
- Changed signature for Entity.Dump() method
- Removed Environment.CreateReferenceImage() and CompareWithReferenceImage() methods
- Model.ActiveViewport is now returning Model.Viewports[ActiveViewportIndex];
- CollisionDetection2D.Result returns now a CollisionResult struct instead of Tuple<CollisionDetection.CollisionResultItem, CollisionDetection.CollisionResultItem>
- Viewport.OriginSymbol element in WPF xaml was renamed as Viewport.OriginSymbols
- Added object graph reference support for the entities in the proprietary file format (when you store the reference to an entity - e.g. in entity.EntityData property - now the reference to that entity is preserved when the file is read back.).
Project Converter tool currently does only essential renaming.
Only the API Reference of the Eyeshot 2020 documentation is periodically updated.
We are currently testing some changes in licensing too. Like the ability to use three machines of any kind (desktop or laptop) per developer. LaptopDetector tool has been retired.
From Eyeshot 2020 we switch to the Major.Stable.Build numbering scheme.