Eyeshot 2023 Anticipations
Bologna, Italy — December 1, 2022.
Pricing & Packaging
The Eyeshot 2023 license will be multi-platform only. To simplify management of activation codes and to prevent platform upgrade/downgrade/switch madness, all Eyeshot 2023 licenses will include WinForms, WPF and the neutral cross-platform core.
As a result, customers will be free to experiment with WinForms, WPF or the neutral cross-platform core without the need to pay for a license upgrade.
Another change will be the single setup and single assemblies set. Depending on their activation code, customers will get Pro, Ultimate or Fem edition features. Customers will always install everything (WinForms, WPF and the neutral cross-platform core) because they have paid for everything.
All of this will change product pricing starting from January 1, 2023. The license price increase will mainly affect customers with single-platform licenses. The Eyeshot 2023 price list can be found here, customers have one month to purchase additional licenses at the current prices.
Eyeshot 2022 GEntities prevented many customers from upgrading to Eyeshot v2022 and devDept decided to abandon these types.
A new, and more straightforward, product split was introduced. It provides all the product features in the neutral cross-platform core, not only the additional translator classes as originally planned for Eyeshot 2023.
The Eyeshot 2023 project converter will accept both v2021 and v2022 projects for upgrade to v2023.
Figure 1. Eyeshot 2023 architecture
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (Video1, Video2, Gallery)
- Static selection with halo (Video)
- GPU-based silhouette drawing (Video coming soon)
- Curve and surface extension methods (Video1, Video2)
- Managed ReadDWG and ReadDXF classes
- Full support for 3D Connexion space mouse in Object mode (no driver installation needed)
- Lighter BRep tessellation (less data, less memory, faster read/write in proprietary file format)
- A new Meshing namespace with Curve, Plane, Surface, and Volume mesher classes.
- Better font rendering in 2D views
- Updated SketcherDemo with sketch import from DWG/DXF and Move/Rotate/Scale (Video coming soon)
- Updated BlendSurface with curve/surface extension (Video)
- Updated Workspaces with SketchManager support
- Updated DraftingDemo with interactive curve trim/extend (Video)
- New GCodeSimulator code sample
- New WYSIWYG editor in the open support ticket form