Eyeshot 2023 is here! 🚀
Bologna, Italy — April 5, 2023. devDept Software S.r.l., leading provider of software development tools to the engineering industry, today announces the release of Eyeshot 2023, the native CAD control for .NET
- Document classes have been introduced
- Workspace.Document now contains all the data required to draw the scene content
- Version 2022 GEntities were abandoned
- Finally, a true neutral cross-platform core product (no UI) is available.
- Curve, Plane, Surface, and Volume meshers (Video1, Video2, Video3)
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (Video, Gallery, Article)
- Managed ReadDWG and ReadDXF classes
- Improved SpaceMouse support (currently under certification)
- Static selection with halo (Video, Article)
- NURBS curve and surface extension (Video1, Video2)
- Lighter BRep tessellation (less data, smaller memory footprint, faster read/write)
- MeshEditor class (Video)
- Image-based silhouette drawing (Video1, Video2, Article)
- QuickForms GitHub project
- Improved drawing speed of FastMesh entity with Direct3D renderer (FastMesh.Dynamic property)
- Improved STL import speed (ReadSTL.Compact property)
- Depth reading on frozen objects (Workspace.WriteDepthForFrozen property)
UI Code Samples
- Updated SketcherDemo with sketch import from DWG/DXF and Move/Rotate/Scale (Video)
- Updated BlendSurface with NURBS curve/surface extension (Video)
- Updated Workspaces with SketchManager support
- Updated DraftingDemo with interactive curve trim/extend (Video)
- New GCodeSimulator code sample
Console Code Samples
- EditMesh (Video)
- MeshCurve (Video)
Eyeshot 2023 is based on .NET Framework 4.7.2 or .NET6 or .NET6 Windows.
Pricing & Packaging
The Eyeshot 2023 license will be multi-platform only. To simplify the management of activation codes and to prevent platform upgrade/downgrade/switch madness, all Eyeshot 2023 licenses will include WinForms, WPF and the neutral cross-platform core.
As a result, customers will be free to experiment with WinForms, WPF or the neutral cross-platform core without the need to pay for a license upgrade.
Another change will be the single setup and single assemblies set. Depending on their activation code, customers will get Pro, Ultimate or Fem edition features. Customers will always install everything (WinForms, WPF and the neutral cross-platform core) because they have paid for everything.
All of this will change product pricing starting from January 1, 2023. The license price increase will mainly affect customers with single-platform licenses. The Eyeshot 2023 price list can be found here, customers have one month to purchase additional licenses at the current prices.