However, they suffer from a number of limitations:
- They are neither affected by light nor by shadows effects (e.g they are drawn always in
- The textures are not supported within TempEntitites. (e.g only the base color of the entity is supported, Multicolor mesh will be shown with a single color);
- They are not customizable (e.g every derived entity will be treated as the default base entity);
- They need to be regenerated before added to the TempEntities list;
ICurveare supported (this excludes
- Attributes are not supported;
- They are not selectable;
- The zoom fit ignores them.
- When D3D renderer is used the geometry must follow these additional restraints:
- Up to 100 000 vertices
- Up to 50 000 indices (50 000/3 = 16666 triangles)
Workaround to case 9
A possible solution to overcome the issue 9 of the previous list is to subdivide the Entities before adding it to the TempEntities list, in order to keep each single piece of geometry within the accepted size.