TempEntities are a powerful, useful, and natively supported tool, very handy when some Entities must be drawn over others as described in this article.
However, they suffer from a number of limitations:
- They are neither affected by light nor by shadows effects (e.g they are drawn always in
- The textures are not supported within TempEntitites. (e.g only the base color of the entity is supported, Multicolor mesh will be shown with a single color);
- They are not customizable (e.g every derived entity will be treated as the default base entity);
- They need to be regenerated before added to the Tempentities list;
ICurveare supported (this excludes
- Attributes are not supported;
- They are not selectable;
- The zoom fit ignores them.
- When D3D renderer is used the geometry must follow these additional restraints:
- Up to 100 000 vertices
- Up to 50 000 indices (50 000/3 = 16666 triangles)
Workaround to case 9
A possible solution to overcome the issue 9 of the previous list is to subdivide the Entities before adding it to the TempEntities list, in order to keep each single piece of geometry within the accepted size.
Please sign in to leave a comment.